Recipes as featured on
KWGN Channel 2's Colorado's Best!
Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- ¼ c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 Tbl. olive or canola oil
In a large bowl, stir cilantro, garlic, onion, jalapeño, lime juice, honey, salt, chili powder, paprika, and cumin until well combined. Place the chicken in the bowl, turning to cover completely with marinade. Cover and chill for at least one hour or up to 12 hours.
Preheat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and sauté until cooked through and juices run clear, 8 to 10 minutes. Scoop chicken into tortillas and finish with the toppings of your choice.
*Found on pg. 37 of Easy to Make, Hard to Forget: From the Herb Garden
Green Jalapeño Salsa Dip
- 12 medium tomatillos, husked
- 3-5 jalapeño peppers, seeded, diced
- ½ c. yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Tbl. fresh cilantro, chopped
Place tomatillos and jalapeños into food processor. Pulse until tomatillos are coarsely chopped. Pour mixture into medium bowl. Add all the other ingredients and mix well. Serve at room temperature, or chilled.
*Found on pg. 14 of Easy to Make, Hard to Forget: Salsas, Dips, and Sauces!